Monday, March 4, 2013

We're on a roll now

Night check seems to be the sweet spot -- Thyme's calmest point of the day. I'm sorry that I never noticed that before. Tonight she let me put my whole hand on her nose and hold it there (briefly.)

She tends to stand with her head over the wall of Tigerlilly's stall. This leaves her facing the front of the barn and gives her am unobstructed view up the aisle. Tonight I took advantage of this by giving Tigerlilly a good scratching while Thyme watched. I am absolutely certain that Thyme understood that she too could get a good scratching if she'd just let me touch her...and then she let me touch her.

I stood with them for a good five or ten minutes, periodically asking to touch Thyme's nose. She'd come forward, then back away, then come forward, then back away. For the first time ever, I saw her licking and chewing. Generally when she backed away.

I think she's really trying.


No comments:

Post a Comment