Saturday, February 2, 2013

Kids and clickers

Oy. The 11-year-old found the clicker yesterday. Boomer got a heady dose of random clicking before I walked in and took the clicker away. And hid it.

Since today was Saturday, the 11-year-old was home all day, so no training. That means the dogs have been spared since Thursday, though I did manage a quick test with Boomer for 'sit' vs. 'down'. He got them both with no problems and no confusions. Good boy!

The 11-year-old will be out most of the afternoon tomorrow, so I'll pick up then. Barring a drastic drop in the temperature, I'm planning to spend a few minutes out in the barn with Thyme as well. I'll start with the clicker-treat association.

Hmmm. Wonder if clicker training would work with the 11-year-old...

No comments:

Post a Comment